The Vertbaudet brand is an international retail brand owned by the Cyrillus Vertbaudet Group based in France.
The purpose of this Policy is to explain to you how we use personal information that we collect about you and includes the topics set out below.
If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by updating this statement on our website. You can access our website homepage and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
VERTBAUDET undertakes to protect the privacy of persons using its website, as well as the confidentiality of the supplied personal information in compliance with the following rules:
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Where applicable, the texts adopted within the European Union and the local laws that may apply to the personal data processed in the context of VERTBAUDET activity.
- Texts and decisions issued by independent European supervisory authorities.
- Any text relating to privacy and professional secrecy.
1. IDENTITY OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
The data are collected by VERTBAUDET UK Limited.
Head office: Highdown House
West Sussex BN99 3HH
Chairman: Mathieu Hamelle (hereinafter “Vertbaudet”).
2. PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
We collect and record personal data to carry out the following processing:
Managing orders, delivery, invoicing, payment, customer services, order queries, returns and refunds;
Sharing data with commercial partners supporting our operations (e.g. parcel couriers)
With your consent
Personalizing our websites and applications to customers; Sending targeted marketing promotions in particular by email, or other websites or via other media as technology develops.
Sharing data with commercial partner so that they can market their products and services to you.
Vertbaudet legitimate interests
Detecting, investigating, reporting and seeking to prevent financial crime (e.g. fraud during payment processing for orders placed)
Statistics, analytics, selection and segmentation of customers to improve knowledge of customers,Running competitions (e.g. prize draws)When you visit our website, we may request information by means of questionnaires, forms and notably when you create your customer account.
Marked by an asterisk, the requested data are requested in order for Vertbaudet to deliver the products and/or services and to process your requests. If you do not provide the mandatory information, Vertbaudet will not be able to respond to your requests.
Intended to help us learn more about you, any other information is optional. You are not required to respond.
2.2 Data processors
The collected information is aimed at Vertbaudet as data controller.
However, they may be conveyed to third parties (the processors) linked to Vertbaudet by contract for the purposes of subcontracted tasks required for the management of your account, your orders, products delivery, anti-fraud services, payments, customer services or collection of customer reviews.
The processor shall undertake to:
- process the data solely for the purpose(s) subject tosub-contracting
- process the data in accordance with the documented instructions from VERTBAUDET
- guarantee the confidentiality of personal data processed under this agreement
- ensure that the persons authorized to process the personal data
- have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality
- receive the appropriate personal data protection training
- take into consideration, in terms of its tools, products, applications or services, the principles of data protection by design and by default
2.3 Data communication
Only specifically authorized VERTBAUDET staff are legitimate to implement processing your personal data.
Unless you opposed this when submitting, your data can be communicated to the commercial partners of VERTBAUDET or can be conveyed to other companies in the Cyrillus-Vertbaudet Group, that may send commercial offers to you by post (we do not communicate land phone number). They will be able to send you their offers by e-mail if you explicitly accepted this when creating your customer account.
2.4 Hosting of your personal data
Vertbaudet is present across different countries but your personal data is only stored on secure servers located in France.
However, to operate certain services, VERTBAUDET may have to send your data through servers that may be located around the world or gives access to personal data to service providers located abroad.
VERTBAUDET will then take appropriate measures to maintain the security of personal information during the transfer and upon receipt of such information. Processors and service providers will be bound by contract with VERTBAUDET, which will incorporate standard contractual clauses (as published by the European Commission). For the United States, the subcontractor must be on the Privacy Shield list. VERTBAUDET also requires its process and service providers to guarantee a level of security, confidentiality and sufficient protection of privacy and fundamental rights.
2.5 How long are the data kept?
VERTBAUDET has set the retention period of your personal data to 5 years from:
For prospects (who have never made a purchase from VERTBAUDET and its partners), the date of the last contact with our brand
* For customers (who have already made a purchase), the date of the last purchase
However, for certain types of processing, the retention of data is subject to specific retention periods (for example, the recording of telephone conversations in the customer service department is kept for a period of 6 days, the invoices related to purchases are kept 10 years, etc.).
3. DATA SECURITY
3.1 Fraud prevention
To ensure the security of payments in transactions on the website, and to prevent fraud and protect consumers in the context of distance selling, Vertbaudet has implemented the necessary measures to fight against fraud and can be required to proceed with treatment automated some of your personal data, whose purpose is to control, or have it checked by subcontractors, the orders placed on the website to verify the regularity of information communicated to him at thereof.
Therefore, if an order does not present all the necessary guarantees to ensure a consistent and secure payment, Vertbaudet reserves the right to cancel the order or ask for additional information and documents to validate the order.
3.2. Payment security
We are committed to ensuring the security of personal data via strict procedures in our company.
For data collected on our websites, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) which guarantees a high level of protection. Thus, on this site, transactions and online payments are fully secure.
In order to ensure the security of payments, Vertbaudet uses the services of PCI-DSS certified providers.
This standard is an international safety standard which aims to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of data of cardholders, and so secure the protection of card and transaction data.
When you set an order by credit card, our order entry system logs in real time with the system of our payment providers, which collect data and carry out the various checks to prevent abuse and fraud. Data is stored on the servers of these payment providers and are not at any time transmitted to the servers of Vertbaudet.
So when you provide your credit card number, authorization searches are automatically transmitted in encrypted mode. Permissions and data are then checked with your bank to prevent abuse and fraud.
When paying, you have the option to save the details of your payment card to facilitate future purchases on the website. This information is well recorded and secure with our partners submitted to the security standard called "PCI-DSS" (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). You can view the list of your saved credit cards (in hidden mode), but also remove all or part of its content.
In order to debit the account when billing or crediting following a return, our payment providers keep banking data related to the authorization number, the time required for the completion of the transaction and the treatment of any claims (returns, disputes).
4.1. General overview
VERTBAUDET will send to your attention commercial offers
- by email or if you have accepted it and by post or text message, if you have not opt out when collecting your data.
- but also by banners on partner sites ( via the installation of cookies, as explained below), etc.
In addition, if you place an order and have not previously expressed your wish not to receive marketing prospection, we can nevertheless use your email address or mobile phone number to send you commercial offers by email or text message for products similar to those ordered.
For any marketing emails, the sender VERTBAUDET will be clearly identified and the nature of the commercial proposal will be indicated in the subject of the message.
At the end of each message, you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our prospecting emails with a mere click.
Finally, by giving us your phone number, you agree to be contacted for any need relating to your order.
As part of the monitoring of the quality and training of our customer service department, some phone calls (incoming and outgoing) are likely to be listened to and/or recorded.
4.2. Banners on partner sites
Thanks to the installation of advertising cookies, we can share information with advertisers on other websites to offer you relevant advertising and in line with your interests.
5. SOCIAL NETWORKS
Our website uses computer applications created by third parties, that allow the web surfer to share our website’s content with other persons or to provide these other persons with their opinions regarding some of our site’s content. This is notably the case of the “Share” and “Like” buttons used by social networks such as Facebook, “Google+”, “Twitter”, etc.
When the customer visits a website page containing such a button, the web browser establishes a direct connection with the social network's servers.
If the customer is connected to the social network while browsing, the application buttons can be used to link the visited pages to his or her user account.
If the customer interacts by means of plug-ins, for example by clicking on the “Like” button for leaving a comment, the corresponding information will be sent to the social network and published via his/her account.
If the customer does not want the social network to link the information connected via Vertbaudet to his/her user account, s/he must disconnect from the social network before visiting the Vertbaudet website.
Please consult the privacy protection policies of these social networks in order to review the intended usage, notably for advertising purposes, of the browsing information that they collect by means of these application buttons.
When visiting our site, information about your browsing may be recorded via "Cookies" files installed on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.), in order to allow us to propose personalized offers, adapted to your centers of interests. During your first visit to the site, we ask your permission for the installation of cookies.
You can reconsider your decision according to the procedure described below. These cookies are issued by us in order to facilitate your browsing on our site. They can be issued by our partners in order to personalize the advertising offer sent to you outside the website.
6.1. Vertbaudet cookies
When you connect to our website www.vertbaudet.com, we may - based on your choices regarding your browser’s configuration – install various cookies on your device:
- Analytical cookies which aims to calculate traffic statistics on the website (number of visits, pages displayed, abandoned orders,…) as part of monitoring and improving the quality of our services.
- Strictly necessary cookies which aim to adapt the presentation of our website to your device’s display preferences.
functional cookies which aims to:
- Record information entered in the various forms, manage and secure the access to reserved and personal areas such as your account, and manage your order basket.
- Provide you with content, including advertising, relating to your areas of interest, and to customize the offers that we send to you.
6.2. Third party cookies
When you access our website, one or more cookies from partner companies (third party cookies) may be stored in your computer via the pages on our website or via the content displayed in our advertising spaces.
Indeed, the advertising content (graphics, animated sequences, videos, etc.) displayed in our advertising spaces may contain third party cookies: either from the advertiser of the advertising content in question, or a company other than the advertiser (advertising agency, audience measurement company, targeted advertising service provider, etc.), that has associated a cookie with an advertiser’s advertising content.
If relevant, the cookies created by these third parties will allow them, for as long as these cookies remain valid:
- To record the number of times that the advertising content displayed in our advertising spaces has been displayed, to identify the displayed advertisements, the number of users who clicked on each ad, to calculate the sums owed as a result, and to calculate statistics;
- To recognize your device during your subsequent browsing on any other site or service on which these advertisers or third parties have also created cookies and, if relevant, to adapt these third party sites and services or the advertisements that they display, to the browsing parameters of your device that they may recognize.
6.3. How long are the cookies kept for?
The cookies issued by VERTBAUDET are stored for 13 months.
6.4. Your choice regarding cookies
You can express and modify your desires with regard to cookies by using the means described below.
The choices available to you through your browser
You can configure your browser so that cookies will be installed on your device or, on the contrary, in order to block them, either systematically or according to their issuer. You can also configure your browser so that you will be asked to accept or refuse the installation of cookies before a cookie is installed in your device.
Please note that if your browser is configured to refuse all cookies, you will not be able to make any purchases or take advantage of our site’s essential functions, such as storing items in your basket or receiving customized recommendations. We ask you to configure your browser appropriately.
Each browser’s configuration is different. It is described in your browser’s help menu, where you can find out how to modify your choice with regard to cookies.
For your information, here are the modalities for the main browsers:
If you are using Internet Explorer:
- On the Tools menu, select "Internet Options"
Click the Privacy tab:
You will see the privacy settings with six options, which allow you to control the number of cookies that will be recorded: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
If you use Mozilla Firefox browser:
- On the Tools menu, select "options".
- Select the Private Life tab in the Options window.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Use custom settings for history". This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to allow or deny them by checking the appropriate box.
If you use the Safari browser
- In your browser, choose Edit > Preferences
- Click Security.
- Click Show Cookies.
- Select the option you want in the "accept cookies".
If you use the Google Chrome browser
- In the Settings menu, select "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of page.
- Click the "Content Settings" button in the Privacy section
- The section at the top of the page that appears when you say more about cookies and allows you to install the cookies you want. It also allows you to remove the currently stored cookies.
Cookies "Flash" © of "Adobe Flash Player"
“Adobe Flash Player”™ is a computer application that is used for the development of dynamic content using the “Flash” computer language. Flash (and applications of the same type) record the settings, preferences and usage of such content by means of technology that is similar to cookies. However, “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages such information and your choices via a different interface than the one provided by your web browser.
If your device is likely to display content developed using the Flash language, we suggest that you access your tools for managing Flash cookies directly on the Adobe website: http://www.adobe.com. (Cookies tab).
- “Adobe Flash Player”™ is a computer application that is used for the development of dynamic content using the “Flash” computer language. Flash (and applications of the same type) record the settings, preferences and usage of such content by means of technology that is similar to cookies. However, “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages such information and your choices via a different interface than the one provided by your web browser.
Your choices expressed online via inter-professional platforms
You can contact the Youronlinechoices site, created by the digital advertising professionals that are members of the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet-based advertising professionals, and it serves as a centralized interface through which you can express your refusal or acceptance of the cookies that are used to adapt advertisements to your device’s browsing (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/).
Please note that this procedure will not prevent advertising from being displayed on the Internet sites that you visit. It will only block the technologies that are used to tailor the advertising to your areas of interest.
- You can contact the Youronlinechoices site, created by the digital advertising professionals that are members of the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
Third party cookies on our Websites
When you access our Site, the following partners may deposit Cookies on your browser and collect other technical information about your browsing in order to use advertisements tailored to your interests in any interactive medium (web, mobile application, E-mail).
The refusal of these advertising cookies has no impact on the use of our site. However, refusing advertising cookies will not result in stopping advertising on our site or on the Internet. This will only result in an ad that does not reflect your interests or preferences.
The partners of VERTBAUDET, listed below, submit cookies in order to offer you personalized advertising. To learn more about their data protection policy, know the retention periods and to oppose, click on the link.
- Criteo: https://www.criteo.com/privacy/corporate-privacy-policy/
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Commanders Act https://www.commandersact.com/en/privacy/
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (Analytics): https://www.adobe.com/uk/privacy/marketing-cloud.html
- AWIN: https://www.awin.com/gb/legal/privacy-policy-gb
- Bazaarvoice: https://www.bazaarvoice.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Target2sell: email@example.com
- Sensefuel https://www.sensefuel.com/en/legal-notices/
- Microsoft/Bing: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
- Twentysix: https://www.twentysixdigital.com/privacy-policy/
- Shopping.com: http://www.shopping.com/xCPT-about_privacy?sb=1
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Privacy
- Iperceptions: https://www.iperceptions.com/en/legal/privacy-policy
- Rocketfuel https://rocketfuel.com/privacy/
- Quantcast https://www.quantcast.com/privacy/
- Smarter Click: https://www.smarterclick.com/privacy-policy/
- Trustpilot: https://uk.legal.trustpilot.com/end-user-privacy-terms/
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have a right of access, a right of rectification, a right to object to the processing or to ask the stop using your data, a right to limit processing a right to object to profiling and a right to portability.
To exercise this right, please contact us as follow:
- Proceed directly to the update of your personal data and preferences in "My Account" section of our website.
- Contact us via the dedicated form by clicking on this link «Contact us», section «My personal data»
- Unsubscribe from commercial offers sent by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email sent.
- Unsubscribe from commercial offers sent by text message answering answer "STOP" on a non-premium numbe
- Determine your preferences for Cookies as described above
- Contact the data protection officer at the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at the following postal address :
216 rue Winoc Chocqueel
We may require proof of identity before fulfilling any request.
Please remember to include your contact details (surname, first name, address, customer n°…) so that we can take the necessary steps as quickly as possible.
In the event of a request for the deletion of your Data, we will however be able to keep it in our archives for the time necessary to fulfill our legal, accounting and tax obligations.
For more information about exercising your rights: